Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Worst Vegas Poker Weekend

I play in Las Vegas every June for one weekend.  This year I played at the WSOP hosted at the Rio hotel off the strip.  I go to play poker against weaker players.  My wife goes to attend the IBS International Beauty Show for hairstylists and estheticians. We stay at a new hotel every time, this time we stayed at the Las Vegas Hotel.

Vegas is a busy crazy place, but this weekend in June, this year the 21,22,23 June 2014 was an especially crazy one. Its a big party weekend too with the Electric Daisy Carnival going on at the Las Vegas Speedway. 

My friend did great at the WSOP, won two $1500 sit & go tournaments. 

Me, worst poker weekend ever.   WhyÉ I lost 5 80-20 decisions in a row to bad players.   Ièm not calling them bad because they beat me, Ièm calling them bad because they had to get extremely lucky to win.  If I flop the nut straight and another player goes all in with two pair - not the top two pair but Queens and Eights against straight eight through Queen, he should not be surprised when he gets called and is behind.  How was he even sure he was ahead with two pair.  Itès kind of madness.

The topping on the cake was I lost pocket Queens against two Aces and lost on the turn.
Two aces, guy reraises me with Ace King - another guy calls with Ace Ten.  Ace Ten! For his tournament life.  I mean bad play.  Wait for a better spot.  He should read my book!  

He knew someone was going out that hand, so why call with a weak ace.  Just watch the field get smaller.

  Worst. Poker. Weekend. ever.

Ill be back next year same time to win it all back.