Monday, December 23, 2013

Hungarian Uber Donk #1

Here is my first Hungarian Uber Donk: paplan666
Playing a $1 buy-in 6-handed NLHE tournament on PokerStars, I'm about mid pack with 10015 in chips and big stack paplan666 with 34913 in chips raises from under the gun 3 big blinds. He's a tight player, probably because that's his skill level, so I'm looking for a monster flop with my bad hand:
K♣

♣T
7♥

♥7

I flop that monster: [Ks Kd 2s 9h] [Qc]
K♠

♠K
K♦

♦K
2♠

♠2

Ok, other than Ace King which is a distinct possibility given his hand range, I'm beating everything. I've got him right where I want him. I've been playing 50% of my hands so I will get him to bite if he's behind. But just in case I'm losing and to set the trap, I check. Well he bets out about a third of the pot. Now, if I had Ace King, I'm not betting shit in position, I have the absolute nuts. Betting is pointless, you are going to scare off worse hands. You want them to call when you have the nuts. Now I know he doesn't have Ace King.The board looks bluffy with two spades so I do the ol' insta check raise all-in.
To his credit, he stops and thinks about it, but not really all that long. And assuming I might be bluffing and given he's got 20,000 more chips than me he calls. He calls with pocket nines!
Moron! I'm risking my tournament life before the money bubble. At best he's a slight favorite to suited four flush if I have the Ace of spades. But he's no sure winner here. I played so loose and aggressive it worked. And if he was paying attention, I only reraise with the nuts. There's nothing more nuts-like than three of a kind! Based on this information only he should fold. It's not smart to risk his chip dominance against a tricky player. But stupid buys it on a 7% hand. Literally 7% to win. Who's the idiot here?
Of course the board runs out and he wins:
K♣

♣T
7♥

♥7

I flop that monster: [Ks Kd 2s 9h] [Qc]
K♠

♠K
K♦

♦K
2♠

♠2
9♥

♥9
Q♣

♣Q

So congratulations, paplan666, you've officially become the first patented uberbonk! Well played. I'm seriously thinking of changing the Pokerstars motto to : " Bad players, playing badly and getting rewarded for it."